Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I've been listing books every day...

...just like a good bookseller. But then I had a big dry period with no orders and it really depressed me. I have over 6,000 books online, don't tell me you can't be tempted by something I have listed!

But the dry period continued - until this morning. Then I got three orders through Google! That's cool!

I think what happened was that I had to do a purge and replace on my own website to make sure I had the right books listed - somehow the count got off.

I check each time I upload, but sometimes I get busy or don't get the email back or... And it was off. When I removed my books and replaced them, I think it took a bit of time for my books to get indexed again on Google. Sigh...

But they are up now and all systems are go.

I posted a Pelton Water Wheel catalog from 1905 and a Handbook of Practical Mechanics today, along with other interesting books.

Who knows what I'll find to list for tomorrow?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I am also a bookseller and I hate those dry spells. I have about 11,000 books listed, and I get dry spells too. I think it is part of this business, but I still hate them. With the recession I have noticed that sales are down.

I am doing the same as you, listing and listing more books.

Debra

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...