Thursday, October 8, 2009

Everything for a Dog by Ann M Martin

Ann M Martin has been writing children's books for years, and she's been very successful at it. I was intrigued about the fact she writing about dogs, because I'm a dog lover second (cats are my first love) and I truly wanted to see her work.

This is great book, but it has sad spots. It's about how life is, things you need to accept if you can't understand them, and how to go on when you feel like you can't.

It's written in three voices. The dog's, the father's, and the son's voice. Ghosts of the past come to haunt the present, and the current little boy just knows he wants to have a dog!

Having a cat and various other pets doesn't take his desire away to have a dog. His father won't allow it, but doesn't tell him why.

Bone has been traveling around since his youth, because the world isn't safe for dogs unless you find an owner with love. He has several homes, sometimes thinks it will be for "forever", but no.

How father, son, and dog meet each other and resolve their issues will most likely make you cry.

If you'd like my ARC of this book, please leave a comment here on my blog and email me at info@ NOSPAM bookfaerie.com. (Remove the spaces and the NOSPAM to send it.) Tell me why you'd like to read it. I'll end the contest in about a week.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I am sending you an e-mail now. I am an animal lover and love reading books about animals, especially dogs.

melacan at hotmail dot com

The Jungle Crew by Emma Scott

Making new friends is a wonderful thing. Should you have a lot in common with your new friend? Do you have to look the same? What happens wh...