Monday, April 5, 2010

That Hungarian's In My Kitchen by Linda F Radke

Subtitle: 125 Hungarian American Kosher Recipes. Five Star Publications printed this and provided the copy for review.

The majority of the recipes in this cookbook are easy to make and done in a quantity to feed large families. They are Jewish recipes, but they sure made my mouth water.

I had to copy out a few simple ones for me to try: Salmon patties, crepes, and a mouthwatering chocolate cherry slices recipe. However, there are a lot more goodies in there.

There is a small chapter about Hungary, some family photographs, and the rest is all about food. Soups, meats, casseroles, noodles and rice, pancakes, vegetables, salads, bread desserts, cakes, pies, cookies, candy and more. All the recipes came from a Weiss fmaily member, friend or relative. Some originated in Hungary, some American recipes got altered, some Hungarian recipes got altered, but they all sound tasty!

If would like to have my review copy of this book, just leave a comment here on my blog, and then email me at info @ bookfaerie.com (take out the spaces) and give me your name and address and tell me why you'd enjoy it. I'll pick a winner in about a week.

1 comment:

Kat said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a wonderful book! Creative uses of 'paprikas' in the jewish Madgar tradition ... then again, there's no such thing as a 'bad' cookbook, LOL

A Full Moon in August by Joseph H. Randolph

Take a seat beside Thomas on a journey across Canada, from Toronto to Vancouver in 1981. For Thomas, this trip is a plunge into the unknown ...