Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Trouble with Chickens by Doreen Cronin

If you ended up with popcorn with feet (chicks) in front of your nose asking for your help, would you bother?  After all, chickens are chickens and dogs are dogs...

Harper Collins Children's Books will be publishing this book in hardcover in March, 2011.  I got my ebook for review from them and Net Galley (thank you).  Kevin Cornell did the illustrations.

This is Ms. Cronin's first children's picture book and I certainly hope it isn't her last!  Her animals characters are devious, she creates scenes that will make you laugh out load, and Mr. Cornell's illustrations reminded me of the movie "All Dogs go to Heaven".

J J Tully is a former search and rescue dog, but he sure never expected to be asked to find a missing chick!  Ms. Cronin's animals are sneaky, brave, and smart - but not all at the same time.  The story line is funny and this book was a joy to read.

I highly recommend this for your young ones or for yourself.  I'm going to buy myself a copy to put in my own library.  It's too cute to pass up! 

Happy reading.

No comments:

Nonna Marie and the Case of the Lost Treasure by Lorenzo Carcaterra

As Nonna Maria's longtime friend and sometimes colleague, Captain Murino of the Ischian caribineri never wanted to see harm brought to t...