Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dust by Arthur Slade

Everyone knows you don't accept rides from strangers.  Don't they?


Arther Slade sent me a copy of this ebook for review.  It's available on his website:  http://arthurslade.com/frontpage/ .  You can scare yourself today if you want.  Just buy a copy and immerse yourself in the tale...


The story is set in Saskatchewan.  This is a fantasy tale about a young boy who goes missing on the day evil comes to town.  Matthew is not the only child to go missing, but the adults don't seem to notice.  Abram, new to town, has come to build a rainmaker which would be a miracle for their small town of farmers.  Robert, Matthew's older brother, is the only one who can see through Abram.  He's not what he seems.


Mr. Slade weaves his words magically around an unusual tale of imagination.  The story flows well, there's no clue about how it will end, and the touch of horror feels like it's in the room with you.  There was one spot in the story that grabbed me so much I found myself holding my breath!  That doesn't happen often.


This is written for young adults, but I found it intriguing and a very good read.  I'd recommend it for adults too.  Especially those who like Ray Bradbury's work.


Why not visit the website and grab a copy for yourself?  You can also check out his other works.  I love his Hunchback Assignment series.  If you haven't seen those yet, do check them out.  Mr. Slade has a way with words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree. Arthur Slade and words were made for each other. Thanks for the review, I read this years ago, time for a re-read I am thinking!

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...