Saturday, May 28, 2011

Intoxication by Tim Kizer

This author likes to walk around in your mind...


Mr. Kizer asked me to review his novelettes and I was happy to do so.  I'm even happier now that I've read them.  You can pick up a copy on Amazon for 99 cents, so why not take a peek at them yourself?


Intoxication is about a woman who is spiraling into insanity.  She thinks someone at work is trying to poison her.  The more paranoid she gets, the more out-of-control she goes...


I found the story interesting and I was wondering how he was going find an ending that would work, but he did.


However, my favorite is Hitchhiker.  I love twisted tales with ironic endings.  And what could fit that description better than a driver and a hitchhiker both being serial killers and trying to get one up on the other?  It's a short ride, folks.


Mr. Kizer gets an "A" from me for stories that will stick with you after you've read them.  He writes the stuff of nightmares.  And they flow well, are believable, and read well.  If you like psychological horror, here you go.


Happy reading.

No comments:

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...