Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Paradise Prophecy by Robert Browne

God banished Lucifer to hell.  Now he's on earth and attempting to destroy it to get even with God...


Dutton sent me an ARC of this book for review (thank you).  It was just published the 21st of this month and you can get a copy at your local bookstore.


I wasn't sure how much I'd like reading this book since it included angels who are spirits and occupy human bodies and it included a war with God, but the story is vivid and lively. The special agent the author creates, Bernadette Callahan, works for the "Section" which is almost as secretive and odd as the angels...


Batty LaLaurie is a religious historian, and Callahan nabs him to help her with her case.  She's going after a serial killer, but she finds that there are some religious factors involved that she can't interpret.  Batty tries to help, but they just keep getting in deeper and deeper.


Here is a link to the YouTube video that gives you a small excerpt of the story to entice your interest:  The Paradise Prophecy .


There is plenty of action, multiple plots, and it has a totally unexpected ending.  I found I enjoyed reading this book a lot.  Why not give it a try yourself?


If you'd like my ARC, please leave a comment here on my blog and email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your name AND address and why you'd like to read the book.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.


Happy reading.

2 comments:

Denise Z said...

Thank you for sharing about what sounds like a unique story. I am searching for a new twist on angels that is not all sweetness and light. I would love to read this ARC.

dz59001[at]gmail[dot]com

Carla said...

I went and watched the promo video for this one. It's the kind of "strange" story about seemingly familiar things that I like. Despite the fact that it looks like it may be a little sacrilegious, it sounds like a great read!

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...