Monday, October 3, 2011

The Echo Man by Richard Montanari

This book could have easily been titled:  "Evil."  Someone has become a vigilante and he/she is killing people who got away with murder.  The bodies are located in the same place the victim was found...

Ballantine, a division of Random House Publishing and Net Galley gave me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  It was published on the 19th of September, so you can grab a copy now at your local bookstore.

This is a complex tale of a sick mind.  The killer is working up to a finale on Halloween, and the cops are trying to stop him.

The plot goes into the past and works forward into the future.  Many of the characters are interconnected.  There are clues that make no sense.  Any possible witnesses are killed.  There is no trail to follow, just some good cops trying to out think a psycho. One of those cops has black outs and is in poor mental health, but he's doing his best to solve the case.  

Mr. Montanari's story was 1,119 pages.  I read the entire book in two nights.  It's mesmerizing.  You don't want to set it down.  It's action packed, with little hints here and there that made no sense until the end.  I was totally surprised by the identity of the killer.  I saw no connection at all as I read the story; the killer didn't come to the surface until the end of the book.  This author had me glued in my chair.

I highly recommend this book.  It's an very good read!

Happy reading.

1 comment:

SusanB said...

Sounds like my kind of book. Thanks for the review.

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...