Monday, August 27, 2012

Small Bunny's Blue Blanket by Tatyana Feeney

I had a favorite blanket as child, did you?

Alfred A Knopf sent me a copy of this children's picturebook for review (thank you).  It has been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

Just looking at the cover of this book made me smile.  You can tell that small bunny is going to be just like Linus with his blanket in the Charlie Brown comics.

Small bunny does everything with his blanket.  It helps him swing higher, read bigger words, and is his best friend.  When Mom wants to wash it, he doesn't want it washed. Mom doesn't listen.

It takes him days to get it back to where it's "perfect" again.

If your little one has a favorite blanket, I know this will be a favorite book.  My blanket was spotted like a leopard.  (And I still have it, too.)  What did yours look like?

Happy reading.

1 comment:

Shan said...

I never had a blanket, but have seen lots of little ones using their blankets for all kinds of neat things: superman cape, to wrap up a stuffie or doll, to carry as a little bit of home while out or at daycare. Definitely a keepsake, and I am sure any whom have little ones with blankies will be buying this book OR if they had one themselves!!

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...