Monday, September 17, 2012

Into the Pumpkin by Linda Franklin

Here is an absolutely beautiful children's picture book that will be just right for Halloween.

Schiffer Publishing and Net Galley allowed me to download an ebook of this story for review (thank you).  It has been published at the end of August so you can purchase a copy of this book now.

The illustrations in this book are pastel, foggy and full of autumn.  The characters are cloudy, faded, and whimsical.  They are all gorgeous and children will enjoy reading and rereading this wonderful book.

The text rhymes and almost has a sing-song flavor to it.  The story is fun and charming.  No horror here, just clean honest fun.

Why not share this with your loved ones instead of candy?  It will last a lot longer and can be shared more easily.  It would also make a good read aloud for a slumber party.

I'm going to buy a copy for my picture book collection.  I'm not young, but I still love those books.  The illustrations grab me.

Happy reading.

1 comment:

Shan said...

I really like the idea of giving books to children instead of candy at Halloween. Which reminds me I need to get out and get some for the two little ones next door. Thanks for the reminder, and an excellent suggestion!!

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...