Saturday, September 29, 2012

Once Upon a Time Machine by Lee Nordling, Jason Rodriguez, Tara Alexander

Are you ready for futuristic fairy tales?  This is what we have here.

Dark Horse Comics and Net Galley allowed me download an ebook of these graphic tales for review.  The book will be available for sale on October 10th.

I found this to be a most fascinating read.  I sell books and am familiar with almost all classic fairy tales, but this collection presents them in science fiction/fantasy form.  The traditional illustrations are no where to be seen.  The story even changes a bit in most cases.  I enjoyed seeing what these artists did to bring new life to old classics.  Even if your young ones have no interest in fairy tales, I think this book will grab their interest anyway.

My favorite story in the book is "Rikki Tikki Tavi".  This version is just as impressive as the one in the Jungle Book.  It's also a very interesting story.

Why not get a copy of this and see which fairy tales speak to you?  I really like the job the illustrators and story tellers did with this book.

Happy reading.

No comments:

The Affair at the Victory Ball by Agatha Christie

Young Lord Cronshaw is murdered at a masked ball, and his fiancée dies of a cocaine overdose later the same evening. Who was wearing which c...