Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ennara and the Book of Shadows (Ennara #2) by Angela Myron

Are you ready for another visit with Ennara?  She's still trying to learn how to control her magic, so be careful not to get too close...

The author sent me a copy of this story to review (thank you).  It has just been published so you can snag a copy now.  If you haven't read the first book in the series, I think you will want to.  It gives you some background for this story and you'll know the characters better.

Ennara still has the dark power within her. She's trying very hard to become a healer but it just doesn't come naturally to her.  It doesn't help when her classmates set up her up.  She's trying to resurrect a sick plant when it suddenly becomes zombie like and goes after her and the other classmates.  As if that wasn't bad enough, then the other healthy plants change into the monsters.  When the class is saved, Ennara is sent away.  No more of that class today for her.

I feel for Ennara.  I was a bit different in school, too.  I grew up in the country as a single child until I was 6.  When I went to school, I was unsure how to act with the other students, everybody had cliques, and nobody liked me because I didn't live in town.  Ennara has few friends and several enemies.  Even some of the teachers think she shouldn't be there.

In this book, Ennara is helping find the artifacts that have been stolen from the school.  Each holds a special deadly power and they are being used for evil.  She's shocked to find some of the teachers are under their influence but she's assured they didn't willing to get drawn to it.  It was a trap for most of them.  How to stop the top magicians from being taken over by artifacts?  You have to steal them back.

She meets a love interest from before, Kithe is still there as a friend, and she develops a new girlfriend, Cinne.  It disturbs her a bit that Kithe seems to like Cinne a lot, but then her relationship with Gevin is growing, too.

This is a tale about good and evil and Ennara seems to be the catalyst for the battle.  I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.  I especially want to see how these romances go.  I'm rooting for you, Ennara.  Go get 'em!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the great review, JoAnn!

Journey of a Bookseller said...

You're very welcome, Angela. I love your characters and this series. Keep up the good work.

The Case of the Gilded Lies by Earl Staley Gardner

The ingredients were quite one middle-aged tycoon with a lovely young wife; one oh-so-apologetic visitor to the tycoon's office; one dev...