Friday, December 26, 2014

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman

If the author's name is Neil Gaiman, you can be pretty sure I'll be reading the book.  Some of his stories give me more pleasure than others but you can't ever say he doesn't entertain you.  This collection of stories and thoughts entertains very well.

William Morrow and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published February 3rd, so grab a copy then.

Neil begins by talking about a trigger warning is, then gives you a brief overview of the stories within.  I like the breadth and width of his stories (as well as his imagination) and this a good sampling of various types of writing.  There are different styles, different presentations and even some pieces of his life included.

The ones I liked best were a bit odd.  My favorite is the about a djinn who can't get the woman to use her wishes.  I also enjoyed the interrogation where a girl answers written questions about what happened.  He has a couple of old fairy tales retold in a much smoother and more complete story line.  He throws in a statue that I found interesting (and reflects on wife's life) and Dr. Who tale for those who like him.

There's something here for everyone.  Why not jump in the dark cave of Neil Gaiman's mind?

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...