Sunday, October 18, 2015

Buffalo Noir Edited by: Ed Park and Brigid Hughes

Here is another anthology that is set in Buffalo.  These are more traditional detective stories.  I knew I had a treat coming when I saw they had a story by Lawrence Block.

Akashic Books sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  It will be published November 3rd.

This is a very nice collection of stories of the type of crime I like to read about.  

The Ehrengraf Settlement by Lawrence Block was a great read.  Mr. Block has a mischievous mind and offers you a gentleman who make things happen.  When it looks hopeless, you go to him and he will fix things.  Just don't underpay him...

Falling on Ice by Lissa Marie Redmond was also a very good read.  When his younger sister comes into the house bleeding badly, he's determined to find out who did this to her.  After all, she said she fell on the ice but that's not how you get an ice pick in the back...

I really liked the collection.  All the stories were good and some were better.  Give it a read and let me know which ones appealed to you the most.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...